Choreographers: How'd You Like to Win $15,000?
Winner Melinda Sullivan (third from left) at the 2012 Capezio A.C.E. Awards (photo by Matthew Murphy)
We’ve been getting super pumped up about this year’s Capezio A.C.E. (Award for Choreographic Excellence) Awards for the past several months: We’ve been reminiscing about past winners—like Travis Wall, Melinda Sullivan, and Peter Chu—and encouraging you to put your stuff out there.
Well guess what guys, the deadline for submissions is May 28…just 20 days away! But never fear: That’s still plenty of time because the submission process is so darn easy. Here’s all you’ve gotta do:
- Select one video of your choreography (no longer than five minutes and featuring at least five dancers, ages 16+).
to register for dancemedia.com (if you haven’t already).
- Go to the submission page here, and then click “Enter Contest.”
- Upload your video!
Pretty easy, huh? Now here’s the fun part: Fifteen finalists (selected by Capezio and Dance Teacher reps) will travel to NYC and present their work at the A.C.E. Awards during the Dance Teacher Summit this summer. The competition is August 2, when a distinguished panel of judges will pick the winners of three fantabulous awards:
- The Capezio A.C.E. Award (the big’un): $15,000 production budget toward your very own show in NYC (!!!)
- First Runner Up: $5,000 production budget
- Second Runner Up: $3,000 production budget
Quick! What are you waiting for! Submit your choreo now, and you can get in on all of this fun:
And who knows, maybe next year at this time we’ll be reminiscing about you. Good luck!