Let's Celebrate Romance, "So You Think You Can Dance"-Style
Chocolates, flowers, teddy bears, greeting cards—they’re all fine. But what really gets our hearts fluttering? Dance, duh. OK, more specifically, we’re in love with dances about love.
So to celebrate Valentine’s Day, we collected some of our favorite romantic duets from a show we also happen to love: “So You Think You Can Dance.” We dare you not to get chills with at least one of these love-tastic routines (even you, bitter cynics).
1. This Season 5 Travis Wall routine, danced by Jeanine Mason and Jason Glover, really pulls at our heart strings (or rather, chains):
2. Nappytabs never fails to show us that hip hop can be romantic, and this Season 4 routine, danced by Joshua Allen and Katee Shean, is no exception:
3. What could beat a husband and wife duet? Here’s Ashleigh and Ryan Di Lello’s Season 6 Travis Wall routine:
4. We’re suckers for young love, so we just swoon over this Season 7 Travis Wall routine, danced by Lauren Froderman and Kent Boyd:
5. But our favorite romantic routine (because it’s just too darn adorable) has to be this Season 10 Jean-Marc Généreux waltz, danced by the winning due Amy Yakima and Fik-Shun:
Happy Valentine’s Day!