Courtney Celeste Spears' Creamy Shrimp Pesto Pasta Recipe
March 31, 2020
- Shrimp – preferably raw
- 1 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Canned artichoke hearts
- 3 tbsp pesto sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel shrimp and put them in a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cover the bowl with foil or plastic to let the shrimp marinate.
- Boil noodles in a pot of water lightly seasoned with salt.
- Mince garlic and parsley and chop mushrooms, onion and artichoke hearts.
- Sauté marinated shrimp in a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. Once shrimp have turned pink, set them aside to be added later.
- With your pan over medium heat, sauté olive oil, garlic, thyme and onions. After a few minutes, add spinach, mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
- When vegetables are cooked, return shrimp to the pan.
- Add heavy cream and pesto sauce and stir, dropping heat to low so the sauce will simmer and thicken.
- Add minced parsley to the pan.
- Serve over linguine and top with parmesan cheese and more parsley to garnish.