Nicole Sabella's Chocolate Date Energy Balls Recipe
March 31, 2020
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 30 dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp water (optional)
- Set up a food processor with a standard S-shaped blade attachment. Place chopped walnuts in food processor. Pulse several times, each time for about three seconds, or until the walnuts are broken up into small pieces.
- Add pitted dates, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and coconut oil to the food processor. Turn on for two minutes, or until the combination is very well mixed together. Add a pinch of salt and mix again for about 10 seconds.
- Taste a small amount of the mixture. If needed for your taste, add more cinnamon or a tablespoon of water, if it seems too dry.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop out mixture and use your hands to roll into balls and place on a plate or platter. You should end up with 16–20 energy balls.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of shredded coconut into a shallow bowl or onto a small plate. Roll each energy ball in the coconut, fully coating the outside.
- Put energy balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, to allow them to fully set and dry before enjoying.