Paulo Arrais' Chicken Mirepoix Recipe
March 31, 2020
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic salt OR several cloves of garlic, crushed with salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute spice blend (or spices of your choice)
- 1 cup of mirepoix (a mix of chopped carrot, celery and onion)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Chop the chicken into two-inch pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, while tossing the chicken with garlic salt, pepper, and 21 Seasoning Salute. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan and cover it, stirring occasionally, so that the liquid that’s created as the chicken cooks doesn’t evaporate. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pan, but leave the seasoned liquid.
- Add the mirepoix to the pan, cooking covered or uncovered until the carrots are softened.
- Add the chicken broth and sugar and allow the liquid to cook down and thicken.
- Add the tomato paste, butter and sesame oil, and return the cooked chicken to the pan. Stir until all ingredients are nicely coated with the sauce.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, in a wrap or sandwich, or with vegetables, such as broccoli, butternut squash or spinach.